Hello From Alberta Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramb67

Cadet
Hi all, I'm in the process of building my first server! I've build a few PC's with standard windows OS and always wanted to to have a home server to handle all my media. Still haven't hit the buy button as I want to make sure I'm purchasing the correct components for the configuration I need for the house. Lots to learn, thanks for letting me in your community...

Here is what I'm considering:

Fractal R5 Cases
Asrock EPC612D4U motherboard
Intel E5-2630 vs CPU
Nactua NH-U145 CPU cooler
Crucial 32GB DDR4 ECC Ram
Silverstone SX600-G 600W Power supply (from a previous build)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
(4) WD40EFRX 4TB WD red hard drives

The idea is to set it up for a plex server.

Last edited:

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

I drove by your town a couple of years ago. I flew into Calgary on June 22nd, 2013 for the start of our vacation to the Canadian Rockies (I'd been there twice in the early 90's). Since many roads including the Trans Canadian highway were closed, on Sunday, we began the trip from Calgary to Lake Louise via Edmonton and Jasper.

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

I drove by your town a couple of years ago. I flew into Calgary on June 22nd, 2013 for the start of our vacation to the Canadian Rockies (I'd been there twice in the early 90's). Since many roads including the Trans Canadian highway were closed due to severe flooding, on Sunday, we began the trip from Calgary to Lake Louise via Edmonton and Jasper.

Status
Not open for further replies.