Having a hard time importing ZFS pool previously linked to nas4free

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsev

Explorer
Hello,

I've finally upgraded my hardware to the recommended level so figured I would test out FreeNAS. After installing version 9 I was able to boot up, change IP, setup network settings, etc, however I can't seem to import my ZFS pool. To be precise, it imports the pool but then gives an error that it can't figure out how much space is on it. I can still access the files on the pool through command, but so far haven't been able to make the shares available on the network. My numbers:
  • Freenas: 9.10.2-U1
  • Boot: 32gb USB drive
  • CPU: i3-4330
  • Motherboard: Supermicro X10SL7-F
  • RAM: Crucial 2x8GB DDR3-1866 ECC UDIMM
  • Storage: ZFS Pool (3x2TB hard drives), does not include 1TB (with nas4free 11.0.0.4 OS) and a new 2TB NAS hard drive (brand new)
Sidequestion: is there a built in file browser in the GUI, similar to nas4free's file browser? Somewhere I can create folders, manage permissions, etc. without using command window?

Last edited:

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hardware and freenas version. Try following the rules here it will get you better response.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

donsev

Explorer
That's usually a bad sign. You might need to backup your data and rebuild the pool.

FreeNAS doesn't have any idea how your shares were set up in NAS4FREE.

No.

Hm, I guess I will begin a backup just incase a reformat is in order.

Hardware and freenas version. Try following the rules here it will get you better response.

Sorry, I'll keep that in mind when I post in the future.
  • Freenas: 9.10.2-U1
  • Boot: 32gb USB drive
  • CPU: i3-4330
  • Motherboard: Supermicro X10SL7-F
  • RAM: Crucial 2x8GB DDR3-1866 ECC UDIMM
  • Storage: ZFS Pool (3x2TB hard drives), does not include 1TB (with nas4free 11.0.0.4 OS) and a new 2TB NAS hard drive (brand new)

Status
Not open for further replies.