hardware recommendation(motherboard/chassis) question

iliak

Contributor
i see good prices (under 400$) on ebay for
Samsung PM983 3.84TB SSD PCIe Gen3 MZ-QLB3T80 MZQLB3T8HALS-000AZ
what chassis\motherboard is compatible with them to support 24 (or more) in 2U or 72 in 4U (supermicro preferred)

this is not sas\sata so i don't know what are the competabilites

chassis\motherboard is compatible with them to support 24 (or more) in 2U or 72 in 4U (supermicro preferred)
Maybe I don't understand your question but can't you search the supermicro site for chassis that hold 24 of 72 SSDs? As far as the board, no board will support that many SDDs without HBAs and expanders. If you go SSD you'll want to make sure you have enough PCIe slots with enough lanes to support those drives. What a good configuration looks like would really depend on how you plan to use the drives. What do you plan to do with all that fast SSD storage?

iliak

Contributor
Maybe I don't understand your question but can't you search the supermicro site for chassis that hold 24 of 72 SSDs? As far as the board, no board will support that many SDDs without HBAs and expanders. If you go SSD you'll want to make sure you have enough PCIe slots with enough lanes to support those drives. What a good configuration looks like would really depend on how you plan to use the drives. What do you plan to do with all that fast SSD storage?
Data server for computational cluster, it should support approx 10-20GBs for read only tasks (99.99 read ,0.01% write),
speed should be met when using all the pool, while each pool should reach at least 2-3GBs
i thought make a z1\z2 pools from 8 ssds each.

i asked it because i don't now what are the compatibility of those ssds with servers, till now i used only sas and sata hdds.