Hard Drive Burn In - viewing results...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichD

Cadet
Hello - I'm a new user and am bringing up my first freenas box. I've been following the burn in guides and most recently, I've been following the guide for hard drive burn in which instructs to run "badblocks -ws /dev/adax" sessions within tmux.

I've done that and ran about 48 hours worth of badblock testing. I checked on the box from time to time and it never reported any errors.

My issue is however, I was not watching the box when it finished running and when I came back to the screen, the tmux window and badblocks output had been over written by other system messages. So, I was not able to see the final results. I'm wondering if there is any other way to see the results (log file to read or anything?)

I think it all finished fine but I want to be careful just assuming. Looking at the disk activity reporting graphs from the web interface is pasted below/attached and shows consistent activity. I know this wouldn't show errors however.

Anyway, thanks for any advice on how to see my run results...

upload_2016-1-27_20-0-27.png

D

dlavigne

Were you able to find your results? If not, did you try looking at /var/log/messages?

Glorious1

Guru
I could be wrong, but the tmux session should still be there if you didn't kill it. Try tmux ls to see if there is an active session. If so, tmux attach #, where # is the session number.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
I think it would depend on where he ran tmux... Though not sure; since when I ran mine they were all done via SSH/Putty. Perhaps he did his directly from the console or within the shell in the GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.