Gui upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scareh

Contributor
Figured i'd give the update process a try on a spare machine at work.

I'm using an hp proliant microserver with 8Gb ram as testcase, 8Gb emtec usb drive.

I installed the latest stable version of freenas (9.2.1.9 release) and then tried to perform the update to 9.3 beta.
Installation of the 9.2 machine went flawlessly, booted into the gui and tried doing the update with: FreeNAS-9.3-BETA-aaa86f0-x64.GUI_Upgrade.txz.
The sha shecksum and update went perfect, machine uploaded, extracted and installed then rebooted.

Now here is where i come into my problem: it loops.
Seeing in this forum i've seen a number of post about the looping part, but nowhere a cause/solution so thats why i figured i'd make my post anyway. (if i'm in the wrong here just delete it)
No dvd-drive to do the installation with, so thats why i took the upgrade way.
its allways the same error message at the end of the cycle, so feel free to tell me to break the machine in anyway you desire.
I've tried to take a picture of the last few moments before reboot, it not clear enough this is the last line:

init: /rescue/sh on /trampoline.rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
enter full pathname of shell or return for /rescue/sh
single user shell terminated
and then it reboots

havn't created bug report yet, since not sure if the upgrade path is supposed to work at this point or not.

Attachments

• 9.3beta.jpg
    9.3beta.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 332

Todd Vernick

Cadet
Figured i'd give the update process a try on a spare machine at work.

I'm using an hp proliant microserver with 8Gb ram as testcase, 8Gb emtec usb drive.

I installed the latest stable version of freenas (9.2.1.9 release) and then tried to perform the update to 9.3 beta.
Installation of the 9.2 machine went flawlessly, booted into the gui and tried doing the update with: FreeNAS-9.3-BETA-aaa86f0-x64.GUI_Upgrade.txz.
The sha shecksum and update went perfect, machine uploaded, extracted and installed then rebooted.

Now here is where i come into my problem: it loops.
Seeing in this forum i've seen a number of post about the looping part, but nowhere a cause/solution so thats why i figured i'd make my post anyway. (if i'm in the wrong here just delete it)
No dvd-drive to do the installation with, so thats why i took the upgrade way.
its allways the same error message at the end of the cycle, so feel free to tell me to break the machine in anyway you desire.
I've tried to take a picture of the last few moments before reboot, it not clear enough this is the last line:

init: /rescue/sh on /trampoline.rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
enter full pathname of shell or return for /rescue/sh
single user shell terminated
and then it reboots

havn't created bug report yet, since not sure if the upgrade path is supposed to work at this point or not.

I had the same issue. Haven't tried it since but you're not alone.

D

dlavigne

I haven't had this issue in over a week and do daily upgrades. Worth trying again.

Scareh

Contributor
tried it again this morning, same issue.
bug nr is 6830, enjoy ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.