GUI upgrade on 8.3.0-Beta3 hangs on Step 1 "Choose temporary storage place:".

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl0s

Dabbler
Hi folks. Any ideas on this? I'm remotely attempting a GUI upgrade on an 8.3.0-beta3-x64 box, but when I choose the location for the temporary storage (step 1 in the GUI upgrade process), it just hangs with the "Please wait..." showing after I clicked apply.

I have rebooted and tried again, this time selecting "Memory device" instead of /mnt/storage, but it looks the same.

I have ssh access to this box. Can I investigate, or initiate the upgrade process from command-line?
I don't mind if there's a chance of it going wrong and needing manual intervention tomorrow. I could just wait 'til tomorrow and do an ISO upgrade, but it's just that I've got myself involved in this now and might have other stuff to do tomorrow. It's not a mission critical box or anything.

Any hints would be appreciated though. /var/log/messages or dmesg don't show anything interesting.

carl0s

Dabbler
Ooh, nevermind! I tried it again but using Chrome instead of IE, and it's working!

I actually use Chrome by default, and it wouldn't bring up the login screen earlier, which is why I was using IE.

Groovy.

Status
Not open for further replies.