GUI Upgrade from 8.0 - 8.0.1 Confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

proton

Cadet
Hi guys, just to confirm we still can't do GUI upgrades from 8.0 to 8.0.1?

On the Upgrading FreeNAS guide it says this:
"DANGER! The image size was increased from 1GB to 2GB between 8.01-BETA2 and 8.0.1-BETA3. THIS MEANS THAT A GUI UPGRADE FROM AN EARLIER 8.X VERSION TO AN 8.0.1-BETA3 OR HIGHER VERSION WILL FAIL."

But yet proceeds to explain how to do a GUI upgrade, it's confusing for a noob like me? I don't have a CD in the NAS box, so can I proceed with what they have on the upgrading using the *GUI_upgrade.xz image file? I'm confused.

Specs :
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
4GB DDR2, 2 x 500GB (MIRRORED) & 1 x TB
FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-amd64

Thanks.

ProtoSD

MVP
so can I proceed with what they have on the upgrading using the *GUI_upgrade.xz image file?

If your flash drive is 2GB, if you read the release notes it says that it will let you and appear to work, but you will end up with a non usable upgrade, I believe it also says you must use a CD to do the upgrade from version 8.

Read the release notes!

proton

Cadet
If your flash drive is 2GB, if you read the release notes it says that it will let you and appear to work, but you will end up with a non usable upgrade, I believe it also says you must use a CD to do the upgrade from version 8.

Read the release notes!

OK Thanks, does anyone know if it will be fixed in the future? I am in no rush to upgrade as this stores my pictures and documents mostly. Oh and my student stuff for uni.

mumu

Cadet
Hi!
I also have problems updating via gui from 8.0 to 8.01.
It only says undefined when i'm pressing update after selecting the file and copying the checksum.
any suggestions?

ProtoSD

MVP
Again, read the release notes.... you need to upgrade with a CD from version 8.0 to 8.01, not with the GUI...

proton

Cadet
Hi!
I also have problems updating via gui from 8.0 to 8.01.
It only says undefined when i'm pressing update after selecting the file and copying the checksum.
any suggestions?

As it says in the release notes you can't update via the GUI from 8.0 to 8.0.1. You need to back up your settings and re-install via CD and re-install your settings.

I have bought another CF card and will install it onto that CF card then re-install the saved settings and see if it works that way (it should I assume). That way I have the original on the first CF card in case the install doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.