Greetings from the Windy City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticknot

Cadet
My name is Frank. I work as a Healthcare Information Technology Senior Analyst for a very large hospital system. As part of my job I get to dabble in a bunch of different systems and OS's (AIX, Linux, Oracle, SQL, Cache, etc) and while I am competent, I am not an expert. Like many I.T. professionals I specialize in specifc types of application groups used in our system. Freenas has been an interesting learning experience and allowed me to setup a media server using old hardware I would have otherwise discarded. I have had a Freenas box on my home network for several years and have come to really appreciate the joy of a media server as well as solid method of backing up all of my precious files which include twenty years of digital photos, music and personal documents. I have lurked on these forums for years, now. They are a great resource! I am joining now because I have a problem that no amount of lurking has been able to solve. Help me, Obi Wan(s)! You're my only hope!

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Welcome! Please review the "Forum Rules" at the top of the page (system specs are very helpful, as are exact error messages) and drop a new thread with your issue in the appropriate subforum under Help & Support - https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?forums/help-support.2/ - and we'll see if we can give you a hand.

We'll have you snatching the pebble from our hand soon enough, Grasshopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.