Graphical Authentication addon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Cadet
Hello,

I personally would really enjoy a graphical authentication addon to the current password login in the freenas webgui (like captcha).
Think lots of users would appreciate such a function actually.
It makes bruteforce attempts impossible, and gives the users some added peace of mind.
In my eyes, the user would be able to turn this function on/off in the webgui.
This setting would ofcourse be disabled by default.
Shouldn't be too hard to implement either, unless I'm mistaken..
Anyway, let me know what you think.

David

Lucifer

Cadet
Yes, since I'm on the move a lot, I like to have full acces like when I'm at home.

D.

Durkatlon

Patron
You should perhaps consider exposing a Windows machine to the world via Remote Desktop Protocol (port 3389) instead. That way you could login to that box, and then open a browser in the remote session.

Having captcha would still be interesting, but wouldn't make it any more secure I bet if you have a decent password. The most likely way your box will be hacked is by bypassing the login prompt altogether by exploiting a bug in the configuration or in lighttpd.

Lucifer

Cadet
You should perhaps consider exposing a Windows machine to the world via Remote Desktop Protocol (port 3389) instead. That way you could login to that box, and then open a browser in the remote session.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I wouldn't want a machine running just for remote acces. I might get a vpn router in the future.
Anyway, it's not like I really 'need' graphical authentication, I just thought it would be a nice addon to freenas.

The most likely way your box will be hacked is by bypassing the login prompt altogether by exploiting a bug in the configuration or in lighttpd.
You're absolutely right about this though.

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.