Giving write access to multiple users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoSan

Cadet
I have 2 windows7 users on different machines that I want to give full access to the shared SMB from Freenas.
The 2 users have different names and I want to keep it that way.
Lets say the usernames are Username1 and Username2.
The shared folder is called "Shared", the owner of it is Username1 with Wheel as group owner.
I can access it from Username1 with no problems at all but I can't get full control when trying to access it with Username2, I only have guest access to it when I enter with Username2 (I did the same steps creating Username2 account in freenas as Username1), I almost tried everything but nothing worked.

How can I solve this?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Have the owner give the other user the proper rights, using Windows' tools.

SedoSan

Cadet
Have the owner give the other user the proper rights, using Windows' tools.

that's exactly what I was trying to do but it doesn't work, when trying to add "Username2" from the security tab i'm forced to choose from "Freenas" location only, when trying to add a user from freenas location it only shows me "root" and "username1"! For some reason it doesn't show Username2 user... I almost tried everything...

Unless you mean something else with windows' tools...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Which version of FreeNAS?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
And searching for "username2" doesn't yield any results?

SedoSan

Cadet
And searching for "username2" doesn't yield any results?
Yes, it doesn't yield any results, I can see both username1 and username2 under users and under groups in Freenas, but when trying to add it in the security tab from windows using username1 account, it only shows me "root" and "username1". Doesn't show "username2". I tried restarting all machines including Freenas but still the same.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Ok, that is weird. Unfortunately, it also leaves me stumped.

SedoSan

Cadet
I added a 3rd user and it showed up under the list of users but user2 still didn't show up, so I just deleted it from the freenas users and re-created it and now it shows up...
weird but it worked none the less :)

Status
Not open for further replies.