Ftp users can login, drop files but can`t create new directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svey

Cadet
I have been running Freenas as a file server for a few years with no problem. We had a dedicated ftp server that died a couple weeks ago. I enable the ftp service on Freenas, setup users and everything work fine until the files size reached the 512mg that was setup as a quota default. I have since changed to 0, but now, users can`t create new directory.

Feb 12 14:41:52 freenas proftpd[15516]: 127.0.0.1 (69.70.47.90[69.70.47.90]) - smkdir: mkdtemp(3) failed to create directory using '/.dst2Qdlkmq5I': Permission denied

How can I give permission to create new directory to my users?

Tx

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What FTP client are you using? What version?

What hardware are you using on FreeNAS?

These are questions you should have provided the answers to in your original post. Please read the forum rules if any of this is confusing to you.

Thanks.

Svey

Cadet
I have tested with Core Ftp Le (version 2.2), Free-ftp for Chrome and ftp directly in IE.

I am using FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201501090144 on an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU with 4 gig of ram. Intel server board s1200btlr.

Tx

gpsguy

Dunno what the rest of your hardware is, the minimum RAM requirement for FreeNAS 9.3 is 8GB. You only have 4. :-(

siebiscuit

Cadet
I am experiencing the same issue and have 20gb..

cyberjock

Inactive Account

siebiscuit

Cadet
--Sorry COREFTP LE ver 2.2 build 1835
--To test out I'm just using an external usb drive and once up and running will dedicate a raidz2 array with 4x 2tb drives. -
--However, I tackled that issue with permissions but now am experiencing a new error. Regardless if I use my dyndns address (working for server management) or external IP I get the same error.

"Cannot retrieve directory listing (server not responding).
Would you like to try to the directory listing in the opposite mode (active/pass)?"

--Could it be permissions associated with the external usb?

gpsguy

You should test this inside your network, before trying to do it from an external connection.

Are you using a VPN connection for remote management or exposing port 80 to the Internet? If the latter - you should stop now and shore up your security.

Likewise if you only opened port 21 in your router/firewall you'll probably need to open additional ports.

Setting up a VPN is safer than exposing all these ports to the Internet.

Sent from my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.