FreeNas won't import my Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nando1485

Cadet
I have been reading and trying a couple of things on the forum, but nothing so far seems to work.

Here is my problem:
Upon trying to extend my data pool one of my 4 drives was accidentally wiped(confused it for a new one that was being added), causing me to receive a "Degraded" status. Then I decided to detach the volume with out knowing that the 4th drive was rebuilding. I tried to import the pool via the GUI and received this error:

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# zpool import -f Video-Raid                                    
cannot import 'Video-Raid': one or more devices is currently unavailable    

I have tried zpool import -f, zpool import -F with no luck.

Next step was recommended via IRC to try to do a zpool import -FX.

This caused me to get a Fatal Trap 12 error. At this point I only had 8gigs of ram. I went out and bought 16 gigs and now have 24gigs in my server.

I tried tzpool import -FX. again and even though it ran for about 20 minutes longer than previously it gave another Fatal Trap 12 Error.

The GUI sees my 'Video-Raid'
screenshot-one.png

but always get this error:
screenshot-two.png

I have about 85% backed up, this is a new raid system with new drives. Stupid mistake on my part. Has anyone had this happen, any solutions?

Setup:
4 x2TB raid in a Norco 12Bay, with a highpoint Raid Card Configured to Raidz1
Dell Power Edge r805 Server with 24gigs of Ram.
Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2350
FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825)

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Your pool probably went out of lunch...

You may try to add even more RAM and/or booting a FreeBSD 9.1 (newer ZFS code) and repeat the process (import -FX).

nando1485

Cadet
I'm about to go buy more ram now. I can go buy another 24 gigs of ram, do you think i might need more than that? It would make a total of 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.