FreeNAS 8 crashed while data was replicating data to it, can't import pool now

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfscrash

Cadet
Hello, my workplace has 2 FreeNAS boxes and we were recently testing out replication. The first FreeNAS box was replicating data to the 2nd FreeNAS box and the 2nd FreeNAS box locked up. Since it was completely unresponsive we powered it down and tried to bring it back up. In the past ZFS has repaired any issues that it has run into but this time after 24 hours of booting it has not repaired itself. We have tried using a boot cd to import the pool but even with -f we cannot import it. We tried a zpool import -f -F -n ourzpool and it didn't return any errors so we thought that we could proceed with zpool import -f -F ourzpool. This did not import the zpool and we are running out of options. Our FreeNAS setup has both ZIL and cache drives attached and about 32 TB of storage. Do you have any suggestions on how to repair our zpool?

zfscrash

Cadet
I have now tried the "ZFS Has Failed You" guide and gone through the import and read only import steps but neither of those mount the drive. I don't want to try the final desperation move at the end but did want to let everyone know where the recovery effort stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.