Freenas stuck at rebooting after a power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarun

Cadet
Hi

After a power outage this morning, i found freenas not available via webgui. When i looked at the console on the server, i see the Free Nas logo and stuck at "rebooting" highlighted in blue. I tried shutting down and restarting the server. It again got stuck at rebooting. Any ideas on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

I can suggest investing in a quality battery backup/APC...

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Post error message, hardware and any interesting information.

ethereal

Guru
this may help - i had a power loss not a surge and it damaged one of my usb flash boot drives. i had a mirror so i was able to boot and freenas told me one was broken.

i removed this drive and used flash drive tester to test the usb flash (this deletes the data !!!) - the drive was okay. i think freenas was writing to the flash drive when the power went off and there may have been some inconsistency.

perhaps if you try a different drive or reinstall this will help your booting problem

tarun

Cadet
Post error message, hardware and any interesting information.

I am running FreeNas 9.2.1.9 on Lenovo Xeon Server with 12 tb storage and 8 gb ram.
I have also attached the error message that i am getting. Any suggestions if this can be fixed without re-installing.

Attachments

• IMG_4508.JPG
    IMG_4508.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 216

danb35

Hall of Famer
That's not an error message, that's the normal boot screen. Are you saying that it never progresses past that screen? If that's the case, then it seems that either the boot device is damaged, or the data on it is corrupted. Install to a new USB, upload your saved config file, and you'll be on your way.

Edit: and get a UPS so you won't have this problem again.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.