FreeNAS shares not accessible via \\IP address but can be accessed using \\hostname

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepnagra

Cadet
Hello All,

I have been using FreeNAS (FreeNAS-8.2.0-RC1-x64 (r11876)) for last 8 months (which was upgraded from a beta release) and have recently started facing a weird issue with it. The FreeNAS share is inaccessible with \\IP address but can be accessed using \\hostname without any problem. I have configured AD authentication with this server and all the folder permissions were setup through command line. This complete setup has been working fine from a long time but it has recently started to give this problem which occurs 4-5 times a day and gets resolved if I reboot the server and then recurs again. Though it remains accessible with \\hostname all the time. When trying to access it with \\IP address, I get following error message "\\IP Address is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. There are currently no logon servers to available to service the logon request." Please refer to the attached screenshot for further clarification. However, at the same time if I access it with \\hostname, it works fine. I have attached screenshot for all 3 scenarios.

It would be great if anyone can provide any help in this regard. This has became a critical server for us and it contains a lot of data. Irony is that most of the users access it through IP only and have even created many backup scripts for this location with \\IP address.

Please pardon me if I have not provided enough information or posted under incorrect category, as this is my first post. I would be glad to share any additional information if required.

~ Sandeep Singh

Attachments

• Accessible with hostname.jpg
    Accessible with hostname.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Accessible with IP after rebooting server.jpg
    Accessible with IP after rebooting server.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Not accessible with IP.JPG
    Not accessible with IP.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 356

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If It's critical why are you not running a release version? You're using RC1, which is fairly old. Your first action should be to upgrade to 8.2 or 8.3 release and see if you have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.