freenas rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepwood

Explorer
Yesterday I moved my NAS across the room and hooked it up to a different switch. Later that night I started watching a movie and every 15-25 minutes it stopped and list connection to the NAS. I started turning off services and closed all port forwards from outside, still problem, I moved the NAS back to where it was before and it still had rebooting issues.

I guesses was that it was a heat problem. I did some checks inside the case. and started the movie all over again without me being there, every time I checked it was still playing. so I thought I fixed the problem. However, when I woke up this morning, the NAS was unreachable, and I had to do a hard reboot, this time with a screen hooked up to it. There seems to be some issues with the OS now, either from the constant reboots or something else. Since I really don't know what the log should say and don't say I have no idea what could be wrong (I still suspect a overheating problem) but there are some issues with the OS as well now I think.

I haven't had any major problems like this before at all.
Since the bootlog(?) is too large to post here I have a link instead http://creepwood.net/bootlog.txt

creepwood

Explorer
Update: When I got home today I had some time to do a little more research. When I started with NAS today it just started rebooting or freeze at different points. I cheched the BIOS for CPU temp but it was at 34C (less than 100F) so I doubt that is the problem. I'm now doing a memcheck on the system to see if that could be an issue. If it doesn't seem to be HW issued I don't see that it's that big of a deal to just reinstall freenas beta 4.

creepwood

Explorer
Ran memtest today in different configurations, both on my freenas hardware and on my htpc hardware. seems it's either the MoBo (probably) or the CPU that's broken. all the memory sticks were running fine on my HTPC during memtest. So nothing more to do here on the forum. Sorry for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.