Freenas not booting after fresh installation

junkai21

Cadet
Hello guys,

I am having a strange problem. So i bought a old HP Intel I5 computer and intend to use it as a NAS.

I just downloaded FreeNAS, burn the installation CD, boot and installed FreeNAS and it asked for a reboot after installation.
I hit reboot and changed the boot drive to the hard drive which i installed FreeNAS.

Strangely, it prompts " No boot disk detected or the disk has failed ". No kernel or loading screens at all. What could be the problem? I have changed BIOS settings from IDE/AHCI and all doesnt seem to help.

Thank you for your time!

D

dlavigne

Hardware specs? BIOS at its latest revision? Size of boot device?

junkai21

Cadet
I have just tried installing FreeNas on a empty 8GB flash drive minutes ago. I cant boot from it as well.

Same error:
ERROR: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

BIOS problem?

pschatz100

Guru
Hello guys,

I am having a strange problem. So i bought a old HP Intel I5 computer and intend to use it as a NAS.

I just downloaded FreeNAS, burn the installation CD, boot and installed FreeNAS and it asked for a reboot after installation.
I hit reboot and changed the boot drive to the hard drive which i installed FreeNAS.

Strangely, it prompts " No boot disk detected or the disk has failed ". No kernel or loading screens at all. What could be the problem? I have changed BIOS settings from IDE/AHCI and all doesnt seem to help.

Thank you for your time!
What do you mean "I changed the BIOS settngs from IDE/AHCI"? How was this set when you created the boot drive? What did you change it to?