SOLVED FreeNAS Mini Won't See Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a locking handle. Did you open the handle, slide them in and then close the handle? Closing the handle allows the drives to connect properly.
You shouldn't need a display, that's what the ipmi port is for. You can view the display/console remotely using a web browser on a different machine.
I am having just a portion of the problem you solved. My four 6TB HDD work great my IPMI is eluding me. My first question is how to login? I get the login screen and Allow file download from this site. (How to ?) is the only one of the Required Browser Settings I can't seem to get to work in both IE 11 on Windows 7 and Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m on the same Windows 7 PC. I have followed the IE settings that come up when I click the ? to no avail. Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
  1. Determine the IPMI IP address (Check your DHCP server, remember the static address you setup, check the boot splash screen...)
  2. Establish a TCP/IP connection to port 80 at said address, download the page offered to you via HTTP and run it through an HTTP/CSS/Javascript JIT compiler and rendering engine (IOW, point your browser to said IP address)
  3. Login (If you messed up the credentials somehow, set them to something simple using FreeNAS' IPMI menu)
  4. Change default/simple credentials to something safe
  5. ???
  6. Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.