FreeNAS just disappeared from my network...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BYOGamingPC

Dabbler
OK, I've had my FreeNAS up and running as a media server for months and last night it just stopped working. I've made no changes to FreeNAS nor my network other than restarting my router/modem.

Somewhere, somehow, my FreeNAS can no longer find the network nor be seen by other computers on the network. I've tried a factory reset and configuring the DHCP from on to off and manually configuring an IP address to make sure it's on the same subnet. I did notice that FreeNAS started looking on the wrong subnet for some very odd reason.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm fairly amateur at networking.

D

dlavigne

In that shell, type more /var/log/messages. Use the scrollbar or arrow keys to scroll through the file.

BYOGamingPC

Dabbler
I found a couple warnings:

failed to start watchdogd
failed precmd routine for vmware_guestid
failed to start smartd
no NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!

There is a lot of other stuff in the log but I'm not really sure what else to look for other than WARNINGS

BYOGamingPC

Dabbler
I just checked some hardware... One of my switches in the attic was making a high pitched squealing sound. I'm wondering if that was the issue since my FreeNAS server sits behind the switch.

BYOGamingPC

Dabbler
Makes sense, it was a hardware issue... Just bypassed my switch to test and everything works. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.