Freenas hangs during any data transfers to the NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazreid

Cadet
Hi All

I am a n00b when it comes to anything other than Cisco - so take it easy please.

I got a freenas running just now with a

Intel Desktop Board D525MW
2x2Gb 1333 DDR3
and just one 1Tb Sata Drive

My problem ius when I try to start a long transfer (a folder with loads of files in it)

the data transfer starts and gets up to about 70mBit/s....then after a few minutes - all Stop !

the NAS is no longer reachable - Reboot the NAS and all is well again......

Any Tips ?

Fraser

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Fraser,

This is a pretty common problem so you should have found something if you searched.

You didn't mention what version of FreeNAS you have installed, but like me and a lot of other people I'll bet you installed the i386 version. The AMD64 version is actually for Intel 64-bit processors as well, which you have. If you made that mistake, give the AMD64 version a try and you should have better results.

frazreid

Cadet
This is a pretty common problem so you should have found something if you searched.

yeah.....bit lazy wasn't I.......

sry.....I found now where the search button is.......I'll have a look....

btw I have the 64bit installed.

Milhouse

Guru
@Frazreid: Try connecting a monitor/screen to your FreeNAS server and keep an eye on the console output. If the server is crashing you should see something there which might help diagnose the problem.

frazreid

Cadet
that is what I wil have to do now cos even after changing a few settings that ave been suggested for the AMD64 Version loader.....it has still crashed/hung....I'll get back to you guys again....

Thanks so far.....

Fraser

frazreid

Cadet
Typical - you open a thread about a prob you got - attach a monitor and keyboard - then.......all runs well........hmmmm lets see when Murphy next turns up......

Status
Not open for further replies.