FreeNAS Corral - 10.0.4 - Plex WebUI not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
Jails_2 is on the same level as plex, not a parent directory of it. As long as there is nothing else on there it should be safe to remove.

Edit: You have the whole directory as a Windows share.. Just drag and drop as you would with Windows and remove the unwanted directory.

Ladowali

Explorer
ok, I have deleted jail2 and also uninstalled plex plugin.
Now tell me how do I install new plex plugin so I can link the existing jails/plexmediaserver_1 in the primary jails below: Thx

upload_2017-4-27_16-10-39.png

Vito Reiter

When you install plex make sure you direct it to jails/plexmediaserver_1 not just plexmediaserver_1 because that's how you have it set up for some reason.

Vito Reiter

Yeah, just let it create its own directory and move the stuff from the first one over using your share location \\X.X.X.X, it'll make plexmediaserver_1, as a parent directory go into the old one that's in /jails/jails/ and copy that 2GB worth of files to the new main directory and delete the old one. Hell, if that's 2GB of files you can afford to lose just start over with the correct directory. Either way, just let it make a working directory in jails and then copy over from the old one, you have access to it.

Ladowali

Explorer
I am just wondering if the plexmediaserver_1 folder keep the video/movies data ? because that is already in the data folder. what if Iose the 2gb data? does it matter? for my understanding the data is already in the data location.

Vito Reiter

Yeah, it keeps the media in it. All that matters is if you need that 2GB.. If you don't then you can delete it, it's just whatever was on plex before it broke.

Ladowali

Explorer
ok yes, I can delete the old plex data and rebuild new data by adding a new library on the new plex by reading the movies data from my feenas folder. Now the only problem I left is when I try to add new library at new plex, I can not find my video folder. See below:
upload_2017-4-27_17-36-44.png

Vito Reiter

Put your media in the media folder, so if it's a video just put it in there and you'll be set. I just share that media folder so it's the only accessible directory from windows.

Ladowali

Explorer
For some reason when I open web browser for plex from freenas plugins and try to add folder for adding library, it does not open the shared folder from the freenas. Is this is a bug or something else. can you please advise how to fix this? see below: thx

upload_2017-4-28_14-46-13.png

Vito Reiter

So you need to have a dataset to store all of your plex files in like I do here:
f9fed13b0c.PNG

You can see, I have the plexmediaserver_1 jail but I also have a dataset under my main volume called PlexMS to store my stuff, that should be your shared folder for media, videos, etc. Here is a picture of my plex plugin and the default jail location being provided:
c9b471190f.PNG

No setup, simply default parameters for this one. I did that after creating the dataset not that it matters. Now, that will make the jail that you already have, now you have to go make a jail storage as you can see here and direct it to the dataset that was created in my case 'PlexMS':
fc514cb912.PNG

that destination is the /media folder in the plexmediaserver_1 jail, that being said all the data automatically goes there and it protects you from messing up the jail itself. Now, go make sure you have a share setup to that dataset I used Windows SMB:
6cf2f74904.PNG

Those settings work 100% for me so far, when you access the share which will be the created dataset, all your movies can go right in it and they will be synced to the jails for plex, in turn giving you access to all your movies in the WebGUI. Follow these steps and it will work properly. If after all this you're still having issues this is where I learned to set it up: How to Setup Plex Media Server on FreeNAS

Best of luck,
Vito Reiter

Quick Edit: Everywhere you see 'StoBro' for me is going to be 'HomeServer' for you. Make that the only difference.

Ladowali

Explorer
It actually was easy setup in the beginning but at one moment I remember there was some error coming while upgrading freenas. I then downloaded new freenas and installed again on the usb. That way all my plugins got erased and I then had to re-import my drives.

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Let me look at this carefully and if it won't work, I probably re-install the freenas. I will let you know the results.

Regards,
Lado

Status
Not open for further replies.