FreeNAS Corral - 10.0.4 - Plex WebUI not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi Group,

I had FreeNAS working 9.10 with plex under jail and worked fine. Later I updated FreeNAS 9.10 to FreeNAS corral 10.0.4 and now my plex jail disappeared. I then tried to install plex under docker container and I used the steps by following some youtube video. I even able to save the new container under docker for plex but when I try to open plex webui, it says "the site can't be reached".

I tried both dhcp and static ip but no help.

Can some one help me to solve the issue.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi dlavigne,
Ok I booted to FreeNAS 9.10 stable but when I go for system updates, I see there is FreeNAS 9.3 Stable along with FreeNAS Corral Stable available. Why these are still showing as stable? Do you want me to use 9.10 or 9.3?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

You should use 9.10 if you're booted into that OS. If you're unsure, please post a screenshot of the drop-down train menu you see on your system.

Ladowali

Explorer
upload_2017-4-27_10-17-47.png

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi dlavigne,

For some reason, I can not open my HomeServer folder. I does not open with the root user account.
Also all my plugins are not showing in the installed plugin list. The installed plugin list is showing empty even though it is showing in the storage area.
I hope you will be able to solve my problem. I am a regular window user and using freenas for my home storage and other fun stuff.
Thanks for you kind help anyway.
upload_2017-4-27_11-4-25.png

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
You could reinstall plex and direct it to the same jail directory, that should only take a minute and fix your issue. All your media should still be in the same place.

Vito Reiter

Do you have the share set up properly? I have allow guest access on so that allows pretty much anyone to access that directory, so I don't experience this issue.

Ladowali

Explorer
Ok, I have given guest access and it allow me to access the data folder now but again new problem. See below: Thx

upload_2017-4-27_13-17-24.png

Vito Reiter

Because it is named jails/plexmediaserver_1, not just plexmediaserver_1, best bet since there's only 2GiB in the original one is to move it over to the working one.

Ladowali

Explorer
I am really sorry Vito but I am not good in doing this. Can you please advise the steps to move the old jail to new jail entry.
Thanks a lot to bear with this.

Vito Reiter

You'd have to use CLI, but it's dangerous to mess around like that if you don't know what you're doing. You'll need to use cp /mnt/HomeServer/jails/jails/plexmediaserver_1 /mnt/HomeServer/jails_2/plexmediaserver_1 if that's the correct layout of the filesystem then it should copy everything from the original to the new one and then you can delete the old one.

Ladowali

Explorer
ok before I try this, I need to know why the older jails/plexmediaserver_1 is showing indented under the "jails" but new plexmediaserver_1 is showing parellel to the new "jails_2" ?

Also can I use below method to access CLI and run the cp command ? Thx

upload_2017-4-27_15-16-32.png

Vito Reiter

Because it's in a subdirectory called 'jails' while the new one is in the main jails directory ergo the '/jails/jails/' in the first one and just the one '/jails/' in the second one.

Vito Reiter

Wait, hold up something is not right.

Vito Reiter

Looks like your old one is in the same directory as the new one, just a level deeper. You want to use the command cp /mnt/HomeServer/jails/jails/plexmediaserver_1 /mnt/HomeServer/jails/plexmediaserver_1 The second one is in the primary jails directory not under 'jails_2' why that exists I don't know.

Edit: Yes you can use the GUI shell.

Ladowali

Explorer
my cp command is giving error. it saying folder is not found.
Can I just simply add new folder under my new plex plug in? When I try open the new webgui under plex, it does not show me my video folder.

Here is the layout of my video folder:
upload_2017-4-27_15-49-9.png

Ladowali

Explorer
Looks like your old one is in the same directory as the new one, just a level deeper. You want to use the command cp /mnt/HomeServer/jails/jails/plexmediaserver_1 /mnt/HomeServer/jails/plexmediaserver_1 The second one is in the primary jails directory not under 'jails_2' why that exists I don't know.

Edit: Yes you can use the GUI shell.

is there any way I can keep my new plex in the primary jail ? I do not want to see jail2 . thx

Status
Not open for further replies.