FreeNAS BitTorrent Sync (Prevent Deletes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvesj

Explorer
I have FreeNAS installed all is well there. I've been using BitTorrent Sync on an old Windows Server. Previously it was setup so on WINDOWS the data would sync to it and DELETES on the other end would not effect the Windows server.

Now using FreeNAS instead, anything I delete on my Android phone is mirrored on the FreeNAS server. I am using the "Backup" function in the BTSync Android app and not the "Sync"

In the meantime I have set the snapshots to happen more frequently. And if something goes missing I have to mount prior to that and pull the data.

Anyway to prevent the data on the FreeNAS server from mirroring deletes?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have FreeNAS installed all is well there. I've been using BitTorrent Sync on an old Windows Server. Previously it was setup so on WINDOWS the data would sync to it and DELETES on the other end would not effect the Windows server.

Now using FreeNAS instead, anything I delete on my Android phone is mirrored on the FreeNAS server. I am using the "Backup" function in the BTSync Android app and not the "Sync"

In the meantime I have set the snapshots to happen more frequently. And if something goes missing I have to mount prior to that and pull the data.

Anyway to prevent the data on the FreeNAS server from mirroring deletes?
This doesn't sounds like an issue directly related to FreeNAS and is better asked on the BTSync forum.

You don't need to mount a snapshot to get data from it, it's available in the dataset/.zfs/snapshot directory

Status
Not open for further replies.