FreeNAS and Mede8er - NFS share

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakos

Dabbler
Dear all,
i'm currently using freeNAS 9.2.0 and everything work smooth woth my Mede8er 1000x3d.
I've tried to upgrade to freeNAS 9.2.1.8 or any intermendiate version and, with the same setting, the NFS share stop working! I can see in the player the share folders but when i try to access any directory it fails

I know my mede8er player doesn't support NFS v4 but I cannot figure out how to force the NFS server to use NFS v3 or how can i keep my freenas version updated without loosing the NFS share with my media player

Thanks everybody for your help

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, for starters, FreeNAS 9.2.1.x uses NFS v3. NFSv4 is only enabled by an easter egg.

As for what your problem is, you've got no information to go on. Got an error message or something? Have you tried to map the NFS share from another machine to see if it works?

What's the output of "showmount -e" on the FreeNAS server as well as "showmount -e <ip of your FreeNAS server>" from a *nix based machine with the proper packages installed?

nakos

Dabbler
Well, I don't know why but now is working! after a fresh installation. I cannot explain why because my settings are very simple and i did not change anything! anyway thanks for help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.