NFS Performance severly degraded after upgrade to 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I upgraded from 8.2 to 9.3, nfs is unusable on my network media player now. Previously I could play 1080p content directly from the nfs share without stuttering. It is now so slow that I can barely browse the directories and even SD content won't play. My network media player has a static OS and I can't change the mount options. I had to enable udp to get the share working again after the upgrade. So it seems like the nfs server version on 9.3 is much newer than the version on my player and there is some sort of compatibility problem. Are there any settings I can change to make it behave more like the nfs server that worked fine in 8.2? Samba is much faster than nfs on the media player now, so I don't think there are network issues. I foolishly upgraded the volume right away, so I can't go back to the old version of freenas now, correct?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Hardware specs?

Anything that the forum rules require when creating a thread???

Sorry

Hardware

Motherboard: ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Processor: AMD Phenom II 965 x4
Ram: 8GB
Hard Drives: 3 Seagate ST4000 4TB drives in a raidz1 connected via the onboard Marvell 6121 controller

My configuration is very standard and minimal. Single ZPOOL with a single volume and a single share. Are there particular logs that could help troubleshoot this? The ones listed in the rules seemed to not fit my problem.
I realize this is borderline for being below the minimum specs and that my use of raidz1 is frowned upon, but it was all I needed at home until I tried to upgrade. Thank you for replying even though i wasn't following the proper procedure.

D

dlavigne

You've already done the UDP thing so the only other thing I can think of is to make sure DNS/hosts is correct so that name resolution isn't slowing things down. Some suggestions are in file:///home/dru/freenas_htmldocs/_build/freenas.html#troubleshooting-nfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.