Freenas and encrypted backup on cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrice59

Dabbler
Hello,

In addition to FreeNAS, I wish I could save my data on the cloud. Today there are free spaces 1TB and more (Yunio, Tencent ...), but the idea that these data fall into the hands of anyone I bothers me.

Is it possible to encrypt the data before sending them to the cloud?
Ideally, is there a "resync" which crypterait data before sending them to the cloud and would recover if FreeNAS is HS?

hunter

Explorer
I use an open source program called duplicati for that and have been very pleased with the results.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Patrice59

Dabbler
Thanks for your anwser.
Could tell me if you use it on Freenas or do you use it on an other computer (Windows, Linux, ...) connect to Freenas.
I would like run it on Freenas, that way Freenas can do the backup update every night or every week.

hunter

Explorer
I have been using it on a W7 computer that connects to my freeNAS. Duplicati is cross platform and includes multiple distributions for linux so it may install in a jail on your freeNAS box. If you don't mind paying for a service, the easy way to do what you want would be to use the crashplan plugin that's already set up in recent FreeNAS versions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hunter

Explorer
Duplicati received a major upgrade and is now intended to run as a background process. You may find it possible to run the server program on FreeNAS now....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.