FreeNAS and BackBlaze B2 Bit Level Sync or File Level Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmbobby

Cadet
Hey all!

First, good morning :).

Second, I searched, but I didn't see if this has been answered elsewhere. I'm attempting to get my Veeam server to send it's backups over to FreeNAS, so that FreeNAS can send it up to BackBlaze B2. Here's the thing I need to know. The office I'm attempting to backup has incredibly weak upload, 1.5 Mbps max, so it's terrible. What's worse, is I'll likely need to restrict FreeNAS to maybe half of that. Anyway, that's not the real question I have, the real question is, the way Veeam works, it has one large seed backup file, then multiple daily incrementals. Over time, that seed backup gets refreshed. Out of a 22GB file for example, most of the content won't change, but some of it will. Will FreeNAS send up only what has changed, or would it have to send the entire file over again?

As I typed this, I thought of another question. If the file changes, even through the name stays the same, FreeNAS will know it changed and keep everything in sync right?

If I had better upload, I wouldn't worry about this, but at this upload, there is a really good chance that if the conditions aren't right, my backup files won't go offsite properly.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.