Cloud Sync slow upload speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ_Swede

Cadet
Hi all...

First post, don´t judge me too hard :)

Just updated to version 11.1 and configured Cloudsync to my Backblaze B2 account... which works just as accepted, just great.

But the upload speed is not really what I would call lightning fast... since it is the first upload, which means all files need to "sync" and the package contains a huge amount of small files,
I was not expecting full flow... but it´s a heck of a bit slower then I thought i would be.

Speed test at Backblaze website, Download = 53,6 Mbit/s and Upload = 103 Mbit/s.

Cloudsync task status = 413kBytes/s.

Only thing I could think of is the router being the limiting factor, checked it and there´s no indication of it being in the way of "full flow" .... the NAS has is connected on the same premise as the rest of the
computers on the network.

Is there any settings in the Freenas software to control the speed, I couldn´t find any, that needs to be changed?

Please help me out here...

// P-J

PJ_Swede

Cadet
Please do excuse me being a total newbie here.... what am I looking for in ifconfig all I can see is netmask and IP....

// P-J

D

dlavigne

Please paste the whole thing using code tags (so it renders properly).

PJ_Swede

Cadet
s!Ajq_oudZGY9y01SB-7kYRT4WZ2AU
s!Ajq_oudZGY9y01SB-7kYRT4WZ2AU
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajq_oudZGY9y01SB-7kYRT4WZ2AU

Hope this is what your looking for.... might be me not knowing what the heck.. :)

To be honest... so it renders properly.... I have no idea what you are talking about.... right now considering letting the whole thing be and
just going back to school... you guys are definitely on a way other level then me...hehe

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

That indicates a Realtek NIC which is not able to handle load and won't give you good speed. Check out the Hardware Recommendations PDF for some inexpensive Intel NICs which should improve your speeds.

PJ_Swede

Cadet
@rs225 I´m running about 815kB/s when it comes to "larger" files... which is not bad, just not near the capability of my connection.

@dlavigne so your are saying that the Freenas software is written with specific hardware in mind.... and will not perform at its peak without it?
Just that my desktop, typical Intel home use machine, will upload at a better rate.
Please due educate me :)

// P-J

Status
Not open for further replies.