FreeNAS 9.2.1.7 - Volume not mounting, Jails missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotizonit

Cadet
Hey Folks,

I've been looking around for the last couple days, trying to find a fix to my issue. I have a FreeNAS box running "FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x64 (fdbe9a0)". System has 4 x 2TB Drives for 6 TB of usable storage. One of my drives went bad. I replaced the faulty drive but now all volumes are NOT mounting. I'm getting an Alert "WARNING: The volume MediaVolume (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN", But a green "OK: The volume PlexVol (ZFS) status is HEALTHY" since I replaced the faulty drive. The volume that is not mounting, contains the Jails so no jails are visible cause of this error.

When I connect a monitor and keyboard and reboot the system, during the bootup I see an error
"CAM Status: ATA Status Error."
"ATA Status: 51 (DRDY SERV ERR), error: 40 (unc )"
"Error 5, Retries exhausted"

This error repeats multiple times. When I try to Auto Import the volume, it doesn't appear to see the volume. FreeNAS Volume Error-02.JPG

I'm looking for some advise as to how I might be able able to fix and mount the volume experiencing the issue. Other volumes appear to mount. When I view the Active Volumes, I see the following FreeNAS Volume Error-01.JPG

Jails Root: "/mnt/MediaVolume/pluginjails"

"MediaVolume" is the volume that is not mounting.

I wish I had a backup to restore from, but this was partially my backup and I really need the files that were not backed up separately. I'll be setting up a backup after this is fixed, that's for sure.

Any assistance with fixing this error is greatly appreciated.

After which, any advise on backup solutions are also appreciated. My priority it getting this server functioning again.

Kind Regards,

B

Hotizonit

Cadet
If this helps:

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# zpool import                                                                                                     
f   pool: MediaVolume                                                                                                              
     id: 18291339403382966398                                                                                                      
  state: UNAVAIL                                                                                                                   
status: One or more devices are missing from the system.                                                                          
action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing                                                                           
        devices and try again.                                                                                                     
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-3C                                                                                         
config:                                                                                                                           

MediaVolume                                     UNAVAIL  insufficient replicas                                             
          raidz1-0                                      UNAVAIL  insufficient replicas                                             
            2419691258082226199                         UNAVAIL  cannot open                                                       
            gptid/866503a4-b455-11e3-8677-002219ff710f  ONLINE                                                                     
            15923671027382525871                        OFFLINE                                                                    
            gptid/87b254c0-b455-11e3-8677-002219ff710f  ONLINE                                                                     
[root@freenas ~]# 

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Your second post has your answer.

You had a RAIDZ1 of 4 disks. One disk failed, then another disk failed. It looks like you've got 2 disks "online", one disk is "offline" and one disk is unavailable. RAIDZ1 only protects you from a single disk failure, you have 2 disks that aren't functional at the moment, so you don't have enough redundancy.

See that part in my sig that says "RAIDZ1/RAID5 is dead". You just became another example why that is so.

You might be able to restore a disk if you forgot to connect a SATA cable or something, but that's something you'll have to figure out on your end. It sounds like you had one disk fail, then a second failed in succession before you were able to restore full redundancy. At that point, your pool would be unrecoverable. If I'm right, you need to pull up your backups and put those to use.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Well you are missing 2 drives in a raidz1 system. You need to get at least 1 drive to show up or your data in gone. You should double check your sata cable connections, check and post your drive smart data and also tell us how you replaced the drive because it looks like you didn't replace anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.