FreeNAS 9.10 not booting to updated image

Status
Not open for further replies.

camilo suarez

Explorer
Hello,

i upgraded my FreeNAS server to the last version via the GUI, but when it reboots it doesn’t load the updated version, it keeps booting an old image. any ideas of why this happens? I've tried to reboot several times and it keeps booting the default image. I have made a scrub of the boot drive and tried to update the OS again but it just tell me to reboot.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Attachments

• BOOTFREENAS.JPG
    BOOTFREENAS.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:

Artion

Patron
Hi, can you activate the U1 option and see what happens?

camilo suarez

Explorer
No, i still get the same result.. any advice? :(

Attachments

• BOOTFREENAS2.JPG
    BOOTFREENAS2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 193

Artion

Patron
Well, a solution could be: save the configuration, create a boot device with the desired version of FreeNAS and then import the saved configuration.
If you want to find a solution without creating a new boot device you could try to see what happens in the boot process from the console (by hooking up a monitor to the video output of the FN box). You can also change the boot options there.

Redcoat

MVP
Well, a solution could be: save the configuration, create a boot device with the desired version of FreeNAS and then import the saved configuration.
If you want to find a solution without creating a new boot device you could try to see what happens in the boot process from the console (by hooking up a monitor to the video output of the FN box). You can also change the boot options there.

Hmmm - I don't believe those are "the same" - look at the two images and see where the indication is "On reboot" - it changes from U2 on the first to U1 on the second.
Make the trials again, but this time switch to the "System" tab and look at the "Build" line to find the active FreeNAS version reported each time.

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-15_6-1-27.png
    upload_2017-3-15_6-1-27.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 213

camilo suarez

Explorer
Hmmm - I don't believe those are "the same" - look at the two images and see where the indication is "On reboot" - it changes from U2 on the first to U1 on the second.
Make the trials again, but this time switch to the "System" tab and look at the "Build" line to find the active FreeNAS version reported each time.

this is my version, guess is not the last one.

Attachments

• BOOTFREENASver.JPG
    BOOTFREENASver.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 186

Redcoat

MVP
this is my version, guess is not the last one.

Hmmm.. again. I would download a fresh .iso, make a new boot stick, reinstall with that and let your data drives re-import.

escalibur

Dabbler
Exactly the same issue here. I have my installation on dual USB sticks and no matter how many times I try to reboot, it still reboots with U2.

I will wait for the fix because I'm too lazy to open my case and dig my sticks under very tight space (ITX case).

Corral's boot stucks at this...

XkKc67Z.png

I've tried to reboot to U2, removed Corral, re-updated it and nothing seems to work. It loads until it comes to this phase.

Last edited:

Artion

Patron
I'm too lazy to open my case and dig my sticks

There is no need to open your case...just use another stick to put the installer on it and use it to install the desired version of FreeNAS on the sticks...o_O

escalibur

Dabbler
There is no need to open your case...just use another stick to put the installer on it and use it to install the desired version of freenas on the sticks...o_O

Good point. I still might wait for the update as Corral seems to be very buggy atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.