11.2 U3 install and upgrade just reboots R510 server on boot

I tired this on reddit but it didn't get much traction so I will try it here. I don't even know how to troubleshoot this. Have a Dell R510
- Bios updated to newest
- 32 gb ECC
- H310 flashed JBOD
- 4 8tb WD red sata1 HGST SAS10 tb
- Initially single internal cruzer USB3 16gb usb system drive (switched to samsung pro 850 ssd)
- System set to BIOS
- Install USB is a USB 2.0 made with Rufus DD
- Tried DD on Linux just to check
- Tried different USB ports

Everything was fine from 11.1 all the way to U7. I upgraded to 11.2U3 and the system starts to boot and in the middle just reboots. Tried to do a fresh install and the exact same thing happens on the install USB. Tried booting to UEFI and shows the drive but says there is "no boot device"

After switching to the Samsung pro and reinstalling 11.1 U7 everything again went fine. Updated to 11.2 U3 won't boot. Starts boot process and crashes and reboots. Fresh install, same. I was able to take a video of the crash and attached a photo of what it shows right before reboot. It looked liked it was rebooting right after USB check, that's about all I can decipher. I don't even know where to go with this. Any ideas?

EDIT: I attached the wrong pic that was the successful boot of 11.1 U7 around the same place where it crashed.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 350
  • 11.1_Success.jpg
    11.1_Success.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 353
Last edited: