FreeNAS 9.10 IPv6 in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junicast

Patron
I know there are already some IPv6 related threads for jails but I my wonderings keep being wonderings after reading them.

1) wtf is the WebGUI doing? When I disable autoconf and set an IPv6 manually this setting gets overwritten after starting the jail. The IP is still in there but greyed out. The host actually gets the static IP though. Why is autoconf getting reenabled automatically?

2) NDP is getting my jail host a DNS server. It doesn't work though. Can't ping6 it. Can't ping any other host on my local net via its global but only its link local addresses.
ndp -a only shows my host itself.
After I ping6 -I epair0b ff02::1 I get only the IP-addresses from the jail and the FreeNAS host. :mad:

3) What is the overall state for IPv6? Either it's implemented in FreeBSD/FreeNAS jail environment and tested and it works, or it should be completely removed. I've been tinkering with this for ages. I expect that to work flawlessly because to me IPv6 is a matter of course.

FreeNAS 9.10.2-U3
Intel 82574L Gigabit
FreeNAS host is using 802.1Q tagged network setup

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Some of these may be resolved in the upcoming 11.0 (RC1 is due out next week). If you find that they aren't, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.