Freenas 8 access issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haagimus

this should be a relatively simple fix but for the life of me i cannot get it straight. maybe a fresh pair of eyes will help.

Standard System info:

Hostname Haagimus.8.8.8.8
OS Version FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p2
Platform AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Memory 2031MB
Uptime 7:09PM up 53 mins, 0 users
Load Average 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
FreeNAS Build FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC1-amd64 (7508)

if anything else is needed just let me know and if it may be something a little crazy to find please add info on how to pull the info.

up until about two days ago my freenas server worked fine. then all of a sudden i can no longer connect to it. the webgui shows all systems go and everything working fine. tried restarting, server and main desktop. no errors on boot no errors on HDD no errors on ZFS. i can view the server through the networking page but cannot access anything in it. i checked the CIFS settings and nothing is wrong there. i also tried configuring the FTP server and that wont connect either.

please anyone that can help shed some light on a solution i would really appreciate it.

ProtoSD

MVP
Sorry I can't shed any light on a solution other than maybe your flash drive is fizzling out and you should backup your settings, and UPGRADE to version 8.02.

H

Haagimus

Sorry I can't shed any light on a solution other than maybe your flash drive is fizzling out and you should backup your settings, and UPGRADE to version 8.02.

thank you for the suggestion but the Freenas OS is installed directly onto a 160GB HDD in the system im not running it off a flash drive.

H

Haagimus

so issue has been solved. apparently somehow my firewall configured itself to block system UDP requests and all messages from my system to my broadcast addrss, gateway, all pcs and server. i deleted the rule set and everything is functioning fine now. thanks guys for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.