FreeNAS 8.3.1 crashes when adding an iSCSI device extent

Status
Not open for further replies.

moufassa

Cadet
Hi all,

New to FreeNAS and very impressed thus far.

Edit: Please let me know which subforum I should be posting this in!

I'm running FreeNAS 8.3.1 in a VM with two 100GB disks, as part of a lab setup.

I've gone through most of the setup for my iSCSI targets but when I go to add a device extent I get a NameError exception, with value global name 'MiddlewareError' is not defined, in location /usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/services/forms.py in save, line 1013.

Traceback as follows:

Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.10.99/admin/app-services/iSCSITargetExtent/add/iSCSITargetDeviceExtentForm

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
105. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
166. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
20. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/views.py" in generic_model_add
389. mf.save()
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/services/forms.py" in save
1013. raise MiddlewareError(

Exception Type: NameError at /admin/app-services/iSCSITargetExtent/add/iSCSITargetDeviceExtentForm
Exception Value: global name 'MiddlewareError' is not defined
As a good and faithful Windows admin, I have tried rebooting the VM. ;)
Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

D

dlavigne

Seeing that this is a lab setup, have you tried doing the same thing in 9.1.0 (the latest release) to see if this is still an issue or has since been fixed? Also, what type of device did you select for the extent?

moufassa

Cadet
Sorry, I only downloaded 8.3.1 about 3 weeks ago and thought it was the latest version! I'm pulling 9.1.0 down now to upgrade, and will let you know.

I'm selecting a raw disk for the device extent - that seems to be the only thing the GUI will accept anyway. :)

moufassa

Cadet
OK, upgraded to 9.1.0 and now I get the error: MiddlewareError: Serial not found and glabel failed for da1: None

No trace window this time.

Looks like those errors mean similar things, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm not doing, even though I've followed the (setup instructions.

(I'm a bit of a n00b. :) )

D

dlavigne

Did you create a ZFS volume and a zvol for the device extent? If not, indicate how you setup your volume first.

moufassa

Cadet
I didn't, no...

I've done that now and I can now add the device extent with no issues - thanks for your help on this.

Now to get VMware to see it...

soibien

Cadet
This happen to my 9.1 RC2 also, I can't add a device extend with this hdd (NTFS format ) but with another HDD is oK (NTFS also)

Status
Not open for further replies.