FreeNAS 8.0.4-RELEASE-p3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpaetzel

FreeNAS 8.0.4-RELEASE-p3 is now available for immediate download from sourceforge.

This addresses the security advisories announced by FreeBSD yesterday.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Thanks,
I just downloaded the MM version and will install it now. I'm glad you're still maintaining the 8.0.4 version.

EDIT: I successfully updated from 8.0.4-Release-Multimedia-x64 to 8.0.4-Release-Multimedia-p3-x64 without incident. It worked fine all evening and is still running fine the following day.

-Mark

jlpellet

Patron
Tried the FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x86.GUI_Upgrade.xz. Using the has in the readme or the sha file my FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA3-x86 reports invalid firmware when trying to update. Same problem as last 2 betas. I did note in prior betas, where it worked, the SHA in the readme was not the same as in the .txt file but they are the same in the last 2 betas, where I'm getting the install error.

ProtoSD

MVP
You can't "update" from a Beta version to 8.0.4. It's been discussed here before.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Tried the FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x86.GUI_Upgrade.xz. Using the has in the readme or the sha file my FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA3-x86 reports invalid firmware when trying to update. Same problem as last 2 betas. I did note in prior betas, where it worked, the SHA in the readme was not the same as in the .txt file but they are the same in the last 2 betas, where I'm getting the install error.
As Protosd said, upgrading beta versions doesn't always work and you really need to do an install. However, that being said it sounds like you are using the wrong sumcheck value. Do not use the readme file for the sumcheck, grab the .txt file that matches your download file name. That would be the correct sumcheck value. Also, you should never find that the sumcheck value is the same for two different software downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.