SOLVED Freenas 11.2.u7 Error on Boot

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi Gurus,
I have installed freenas 11.2.u7 and some time it Boot properly and displays the IP address but many time it does not completely bootup and stands on the error. Please see attached picture and advise what could be the reason for this error and how can I fix this.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_183517.jpg
    IMG_20200107_183517.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 418

Redcoat

MVP
I'm going to guess you have a bad/corrupt usb boot drive. This is the most common reason for this kind of issue.

More info about your hardware would likely assist in providing better help.

Ladowali

Explorer
Its AMD 6 core cpu with 32 GB RAM and two 4 tb red hard drives 5400 RPM. Memories are regular desktop memories not ecc.

Redcoat

MVP
Are you using a USB stick for boot drive? If so, have you made and used a new one with a good quality USB key? Is it in a USB 2 or USB 3 slot? USB 2 slots are reported to be less error prone.

Ladowali

Explorer
I have actually installed freenas 11.2.U7 on a new USB pen drive and its USB 2. USB 3 does not work for me. On the new installation I have imported my existing Pool and then re-installed Plex Server Plug-in and created my window share and all required setup for Plex. It was working fine. I just thought I should restart the server and on the restart its not booting up properly. I do not have my saved script. Now only way left for me to do the whole excercise again and re-install freenas 11.2 or latest on a totally new usb drive and import my pool again and re-install my plug-ins.

Redcoat

MVP
Sounds like you have the right idea. Be sure to use a good quality usb stick. If you have a spare SATA port, consider getting a small ssd, maybe even a used one from ebay - e.g. 40GB Intel ssd's for US$15-$20 - and move away from the (high) potential pain associated with USB sticks.

Ladowali

Explorer
ok, now I have installed the new Kingston SSD 120GB for boot drive for my Freenas 11.2-U7. I have imported my pool and installed plex and created my windows share. The window share works fine but when I try to open Plex by clicking the Management from the Plex Plugin, it does not open the web link for my plex. Any idea what could be wrong?

Redcoat

MVP
Glad you've got your basic system working again. I don't know anything about the Plex plugin but there are lots of folk here that do...

Ladowali

Explorer
Redcoat thank you anyway for your help. You are right someone else will help me on this.