FreeNAS 11.0 RC2 & Plex Pass Jail Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwibs

Dabbler
Hi all.

Just upgraded to FreeNAS 11.0 RC2 from FreeNAS 9.10.2 which was working fine.

In FreeNAS 9.10.2 I had one jail for Plex Pass Media Server. Added my media and all working fine.

With FreeNAS 11.0 RC2. With Plex in a jail or as a plug-in both appeared to not see my media.
It was there but you had to type in your location manually. It's never been like this before.

Plex is working fine just spent ages trying out different situations and all along my media was attached just not something you could see.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? I hope I might save someone hours scratching heads wondering why the media hadn't been added.

(I did try ubuntu server 16.04.2 as a VM for Plex Server but it was a bad experience. It kind of worked but poorly.)

Last edited:

Dice

Wizard

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
I would think it would be a permissions issue, it's a good thing to always heck. There happens to be a set of permissions that will allow you to traverse a directory, but not see what is in the directory. Which would prevent Plex from being able to see your media automatically.

Dwibs

Dabbler
It's all running fine, media is there and attached. But something odd.

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Hi there, I have the same issue but it turned out that it is just a glitch with plex plugin. you won't be able to navigate to your storage within the folder tree but if you just type the path it will work. Hopefully they will fix this glitch soon.

Dwibs

Dabbler
Hi there, I have the same issue but it turned out that it is just a glitch with plex plugin. you won't be able to navigate to your storage within the folder tree but if you just type the path it will work. Hopefully they will fix this glitch soon.
Yeah no biggy but if you aren't aware you'd think you'd done something wrong.
Otherwise working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.