FN 11.2-Beta2 / Nexcloud plugin / nginx setup

vladimir_

Cadet
Hi,
I updated my FreeNas to 11.2-Beta2 and installed Nextcloud plugin. I'm getting just the nginx welcome page while trying to access the Nextcloud jail via browser. The page is saying thar further configuration is requiered. Didn't found something usefull with google. Could someone please help?
Thanks.

higgins29200

Cadet
Hi,
I get the same problem like Vladimir.
Nextcloud ran well since yesterday. I Updated to 11.2 since a long time and had no issue with my old installation under 11.1. But after a reboot, the plugin didn't want to start anymore. I decided to reinstall with the new webui. The first time, i got the preinstall configuration page from nextcloud but it didn't accept password or anything else. I re install it and since then i only got a nginx page.

Thanks

humph

Cadet
Same here......
I was happily using FreeNAS-11.1 and then got an email with a link to try FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2. Since then I've noticed logging into the console with google chrome sometimes worked and other times the page would appear but the writing was not visible, for example creating the data set, i'd be on that page but the info is not populated on the page, when i know it should be there. Do the same with Firefox browser it's visible.

Another problem I found when creating a Windows share. Once it's up and running, one day the share is visible, the next day or next time I try to find it, it isn't there or has stopped working.

Then there is the problem as above, installing Nextcloud it goes great until you go to "Plugins", "Installed", "Management" then the browser takes you to the IP address of Nextcloud where you have to create the Admin Account. You put in all the required details such as user name, password. Data folder box is already populated. So you go down to the next white box and fill the rest, Database user, Database password etc the click "Finish Setup" nothing happens and the fault error comes up -->

"Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'sydhome'@'localhost' (using password: YES)."

This happens regardless of browser, and I cannot find any info or "howto's" to make Nextcloud work. Anyone else have this problem or a fix for this?

Much appreciated, Humph

Last edited:

vladimir_

Cadet
Were you able to figure this out?
No.
I deleted the plugin and installed it several times. The behavior is kind of unpredictable, It worked once, but i had problems with a dataset. I mounted it, then decided to mount it elsswere and ended up with it mounted twice, which i couldn't fix even with command line. After deleting and istalling the plugin, I've got the nginx page again. I'll wait until the RC and give it a new try.

In case it matters, I started with FreeNas with 9.3, it has been updated till now.

Last edited:

Tim1962

Patron
Two things, are you using the password etc available within the shell for that iocage plugin?

Second, currently there is an issue with looping redirects with the plugin making it useless til sorted probably in 11.2-Beta3

vladimir_

Cadet
Just tested with Beta3 update. The former error with nginx welcome page shown instead of nextcloud setup page is gone. I was able to enter my admin user and nextcloud credentials. But after that my nextcloud instance remains not accessible. There is an error with redirects now. I don't have the english error wording since I'm using german interface, It says something like "The requsted page is redirecting your request such way that it can not be completed"

Jacob Deng

Dabbler
Hi,
I updated my FreeNas to 11.2-Beta2 and installed Nextcloud plugin. I'm getting just the nginx welcome page while trying to access the Nextcloud jail via browser. The page is saying thar further configuration is requiered. Didn't found something usefull with google. Could someone please help?
Thanks.
I have same problem like you, I hope the Freenas team can help us.