NextCloud nginx welcome (Solved)

Visseroth

Guru
I've been trying to install NextCloud and the first 3 or 4 times I wasn't paying attention and didn't see that the install notes was giving me the randomly created password, I thought the reason I was getting the access denied was because of some other reason besides my inability to pay attention.
Anyhow, I was getting he NextCloud setup page when I opened the management but now all I get is the Welcome to NGinx page. I'm not sure what to do, any help is appreciated.

FreeNAS 11.2
Stock plugin installed

Apollo

Wizard
Background please..
Maybe you should look into Nextcloud Script install from Danb35 or
samuel-emrys

Visseroth

Guru
Background? There is no background. It's a fresh plugin install, all default. Never been setup before.
Maybe, I'll give the scripts a look at.

Apollo

Wizard
By background, I meant, how did you install Nextcloud. You gave the answer with the plugin.
It seems that maybe Nextcloud has been remapped to a different IP address NGINX cannot find, or the virtual network bridge need restarting.

Visseroth

Guru
Weird. I've never heard of restarting the virtual bridge.
I'll try removing the current install and then restarting the server.

Apollo

Wizard
When you create a jail, the Freenas (FreeBSD) will create the bridge for you. Often time, this is the reason why jails fail to work.
A reboot should be enough to resolve the issue.

Visseroth

Guru
Well tried that, didn't help. Ended up running into this bug...
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/iocage-vnet0-and-bridge0.59964/

Had to add the rc.conf variables to get the bridge to work because none of the jails would start due to there being no bridge.

Anyhow, I removed the NextCloud plugin prior to reboot, installed once all the other jails properly fired and were confirmed working and it is now working!!!

For anyone that comes accross this post, take note of the information generated once the jail finishes installing. Copy and past all of the information to a blank text document to refer back to for the dbadmin user and password and database name.
The host is going to be localhost or 127.0.0.1. Not what has been listed in other threads such as 127.0.0.1:3307 or anything else like the example listed on the page as 127.0.0.1:5432. Just localhost or 127.0.0.1

Supergrobi

Dabbler
I have the same problem. I installed Nextcloud but I forgot to make a screenshot after the installation of the plugin. So I decided to just uninstall and reinstall the plugin. But now I only get the „Welcome to nginx“ screen instead of the initial setup screen. I already tried to uninstall, reboot and reinstall, but the problem stays. Maybe there are some config files hidden somewhere which are not deleted when I uninstall the plugin?

lyle

Contributor
Exact same issue here. I've tried every combination and permutation of uninstall/reinstall/restart to no avail. I've looked at the script and samuel-emrys detailed instructions, but they both seem really beyond my skill level.

brianz5583

Cadet
This is not solved.
I have removed the plugin and rebooted my freenas however after reinstalling it I am still unable to access the admin page. All other jails start fine so I don't see how this could be an issue with the the bridge.

Mian Amir

Cadet
After a lot of tries, just got it solved. Install another version of next cloud and then set that up and later delete corrupted plugin.

jzhan

Cadet
Just ran into the same problem as I was playing with NextCloud today and ended up reinstalling it multiple times.
It ended up being as simple as restarting nginx for me. It resolved the issue and it didn't come back after restarting the jail or the host.
Code:
service nginx stop

service nginx start