[SOLVED] Nextcloud Plugin: Missing DB credentials in Install Notes pop-up

ri100

Cadet
Hello,

I am trying to set up FreeNAS and Nexcloud as a personal cloud. Since I am quite new to FreeNAS I installed it several times in the last two weeks on my hardware (physical rig), playing around, reading and learning. So after gaining enough confidence I decided to start with the actual installation that I will be using. I made a fresh install wiping all drives, installing FreeNAS, creating pools and finally installing the Nexcloud plug-in. All went fine, the plugin is up and running, one can access the Nextcloud admin fronted via the browser to finish the installation (i.e. create an admin user and P/W and connect to the DB as show in the pic below). Than I realized that the credentials (DB name, user and password) to connect to the DB were missing in the Install Notes pop-up, which is being shown after the plug-in installation is finished. This was not the case in my three test trials several days ago.

Here is the full content of the install notes that one gets presently:

Code:
Install Notes:

nginx_enable: -> YES
mysql_enable: -> YES
php_fpm_enable: -> YES
Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
Starting nginx.
Performing sanity check on php-fpm configuration:
Starting php_fpm.
Starting mysql.
Stopping php_fpm.
Waiting for PIDS: 18025.
Starting php_fpm.
Stopping nginx.
Waiting for PIDS: 18014.
Starting nginx.

Admin Portal:
http://192.168.188.29

So my question is, did the plugin change and is there some documentation on how to continue with the installation? I am stuck at Nextcloud's 'Finish setup' page not knowing what to enter in the fields database user, password and database name, like here:

iu

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!
- Christo

ri100

Cadet
OK, I think I have found the solution to my problem in the forums.

aninstanceofdan wrote @ https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/fn-11-2-nextcloud-database.68690/post-471133
Just ran into the same issue. Transpires the database credentials are in text files in the root directory of the jail. To access from the UI go to the Jails from the sidebar, then click the 3 vertical dots to the right of your Nextcloud jail to open the menu, then select "Shell".

Once in the shell, type "ls" (without the quotes) and you'll see the dbname, dbuser and dbpassword files. To get your credentials, just cat them (e.g.: "cat dbname").

However, proper (or even some) documentation to the plugins won't be a bad idea...

PS: If this works out I will close the thread.