First access of CIFS share slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bever

Explorer
When I open up a share on my FreeNAS server, it takes a long time (15-20 secs) before it becomes available. I have this from three different (Windows 7) PC's. I do not have this issue on my other NAS (DNS323) which also uses cifs. Once the share is available, I get normal speeds.

Anyone any idea?

Bever

Explorer
I actually did search, and came across that post. It didn't really seem to be what I am experiencing, but I will read the whole thread again. Maybe I overlooked something.

Edit: reread the post. Doesn't seem to apply. My performance is acceptable, it's just the first connection to the shares that takes a lot of time. I was thinking along the lines of an nmbd issue, but I,m just guessing...

ProtoSD

MVP
Sorry, you're right, that thread wasn't the one I was thinking of. There have been several with general CIFS lagginess that people perceive in different ways. I'm about to head off to sleep, but I'll see if I can find the post(s) I think will help tomorrow.

Bever

Explorer
Thanks man. I'll keep on searching as well. I just changed the e1000 driver to vmxnet2. That increased the speed at least.

Have a good night!

Bever

Explorer
Status
Not open for further replies.