SOLVED File transfer stops and I get this error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerdud

Dabbler
So I've been using FreeNAS for almost a year now and so far so good. I mainly use it for storage, resillio and plex.

Today I decided to replace the PC I used for FreeNAS. So I took my 5 drives and my 2 usb keys and installed them in the new pc. Booted, confirmed that the ip was still the same and voilà! I logged in, verified everything and from what I can tell, business as usual, until I tried a large file transfer...

From what I can tell, if I upload to FreeNAS, it seems to work, but if I copy a file from FreeNAS to my pc, after 60-120 secs it stops and I can't connect to FreeNAS anymore. I just don't see it on the network and I have to reboot.

20170130_151458.jpg

I managed to take a pictures of the error on screen, if anyone could point me on any direction or test I can do?

CPU and RAM usage are normal, I don't see any spikes...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

gpsguy

Please provide detailed hardware info and FreeNAS version, per the forum rules.

jokerdud

Dabbler
Oups sorry

Freenas 9.10.2-UI
DELL 690
XEON E5345
16GB RAM DDR2
5x 2TB + 2x USB key

jokerdud

Dabbler
For some reason now it seems to be working again, I'm doing some long transfers to see if it holds up.

One thing I notice is that the upload(PC to NAS) speed is 35MB/s and download (NAS to PC) is 75MB/s.

Could this be linked to the CPU not being able to handle ZFS?

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Unlikely. It looks to me like a hardware problem, possibly with memory or power supply.

jokerdud

Dabbler
Running Memtest86+, we'll see if it's memory related.
So RAM is fine, no errors there. Write speed is around 35-40MB/s and reading is around 75-80MB/s
System load is at 2-2.5 when writing and CPU usage around 45%, that might explain the slower write speed?

snaptec

Guru
Definitely.
Smb is a one thread per user service.
So if one core is maxed out you are at the limit.
You have 4 cores. So that could fit with your load of 2.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

jokerdud

Dabbler
Definitely.
Smb is a one thread per user service.
So if one core is maxed out you are at the limit.
You have 4 cores. So that could fit with your load of 2.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Ok that would make sense, because I had Duo E8400 before the E5345 and the single core performance is was better, so my transfers were faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.