SOLVED Faulted replacement after resilver

par

Explorer
One drive failed, resilvered successfully(?), now the replacement is faulted. Why is the replaced disk still showing, why is the status still replacing, and how do I reset this and try to resilver with a different drive?

Attachments

• faulted.PNG
    faulted.PNG
    903.5 KB · Views: 269

Alecmascot

Guru
Please post all the system details

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Why is the replaced disk still showing, why is the status still replacing, and how do I reset this and try to resilver with a different drive?
Because the disk that was replacing it isn't there (offline) and hence the replacement can't complete.

You can investigate why the new disk is offline and maybe you can bring it back... (check cabling and power... maybe run a SMART test if you can)... did you burn it in?

You can do the same thing you did the first time and replace the failed disk again with an additional new disk if you can't get the other one to revive.

Alecmascot

Guru
With those Write Errors it could be an SMR drive ?

par

Explorer
You can do the same thing you did the first time and replace the failed disk again with an additional new disk if you can't get the other one to revive.
Okay good.

With those Write Errors it could be an SMR drive ?
No it was because I put in a known bad drive to see how long it might last for. Obviously that was a bad idea because it pretty much failed straight away.

Apollo

Wizard
No it was because I put in a known bad drive to see how long it might last for. Obviously that was a bad idea because it pretty much failed straight away.
Unless you are dealing with a test system, or you can afford loosing your data, I would say it is a dumb thing to do.
A failure of da5p2 could mean the loss of your entire pool.

par

Explorer
Luckily it resilvered fine and the offlined disks disappeared from the pool. I think the initial resilver with the bad disk failed, though at first it looked like it succeeded, and I only found out by noticing the degraded state and looking at the volume status (all alerts had been cleared and no indication that the first resilver failed).

Apollo

Wizard
I would run a scrub to make sure everything is fine.