Faillure after upgrade 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjhooft

Cadet
Hi all

did a upgrade to the latest version 9.3 and now i am in faillure can not boot in to free nas
i dont mind a new install but what about my data on the disks do i lose it
eror :datadisk image is malformed. And loots of errors.

any idee

Thanks in advance

D

dlavigne

Since the boot device (holding the operating system) is separate from your storage disks, your data is fine. If you do do a fresh install, make sure to choose the boot device in the installer.

What is the size of your boot device? What type of device is it? What version did you upgrade from?

wjhooft

Cadet
Hi thanks for the fast reply

got a 16 gb usb drive and 8 gb gb ram all on a asrock am1-itx with a amd semprom 3850 quadcore (all new)
upgrade from the latest verie of freenas

Thanks will try a new install

wjhooft

Cadet
Hi ok up and running but see no volumes had to buy a new usb drive , now freenas 9.3 but no volumes no shares can i import them whitout destroing the data please advice before i do something what can not be undone

Thanks in advance Willem

joeschmuck

Old Man
Willem,
If you have a backup copy of your configuration file from before you upgraded to 9.3, you can restore that and the system should reboot 2 to 3 times (normally 2).

You never said what version of FreeNAS you were upgrading from. If this doesn't work, let us know.

wjhooft

Cadet
Hi

i did say i came from the latest version i think 9.2.1.5 did not made a bacup as i thought that during the update you was able to do so but during the update all wend wrong if i can not restore can i acces trough windows when i take out the disk from the nas

wjhooft

Cadet
Hi

ok did some research and tried it the les importend volume and it workd so busy now puting back the other shares . And learned some frome this .
Thanks for the respondes i realy apriciated it

Regards Willem

Status
Not open for further replies.