Failed to write core file for process smbd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineerpeter

Dabbler
Hi

I'm having a strange problem with my windows share. I mainly use the server as a media storage device (via Kodi) and nothing more. Generally everything seems fine, but I am accessing my files from the (windows) laptop (with TIny media manager to write all the files) to make sure I have all the images how I want them and after a couple of changes the windows share stops, as in I can't access it at all (not even from any of my Kodi boxes). However if I restart freenas it seems to reset it self (until I try to do the same again!).

I'm getting the following error show up;

Jun 9 21:00:56 Loxley kernel: Failed to write core file for process smbd (error 14)
Jun 9 21:00:56 Loxley kernel: Failed to write core file for process smbd (error 14)
Jun 9 21:00:56 Loxley kernel: pid 51117 (smbd), uid 0: exited on signal 6

I bit of searching on these forums comes up that error 14 is something to do with RAM?? Is this correct?? what does the last line mean?? Would I be better using a NFS share as all I'm doing is sharing media??

I'm running a HP Gen 8 microserver - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610T @ 2.30GHz and version FreeNAS-9.10.2-U4 (27ae72978). The server is only 5 months old.

Do i need to post anything else to help diagnose the problem??

Any suggestions??

Many thanks

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.