ext4 fs in FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bra1n

Dabbler
Is there any way to mount an ext4 filesystem in FreeNAS? The ext4fuse binary doesn't seem to be included in the latest version of FreeNAS. I have an old Linux server that holds all my media and it seemed to me that the quickest and simplest way to migrate the data to FreeNAS would be to use a USB enclosure. Without the ability to mount an ext4 filesystem though that won't work.

I know very little about jails, but is there a way to create a jail that would include ext4fuse and be able to write to my volume outside of the jail? It doesn't seem to me like that should work but I thought I read something along those lines.

Any other suggestions would be more than welcome.

TIA

ewhac

Contributor
Is your old Linux server still operational? If so, perhaps you could rsync the contents off; gigabit Ethernet is likely to be faster than a USB2 drive enclosure.

bra1n

Dabbler
The Linux server is functional but I lack a gigabit switch. Sounds like the it might be even easier if I just use a cross over cable and run them head to head for the rsync. Thanks!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The Linux server is functional but I lack a gigabit switch. Sounds like the it might be even easier if I just use a cross over cable and run them head to head for the rsync. Thanks!
yes do this

zuzuzzzip

Dabbler
FWIW

I had this problem too and was running into this.

This did the trick for me:
Code:
fsck_ext2fs /dev/da6s1

And then use the Import Disk in the FreeNAS GUI.

No need to copy over the network.
I'm on FreeNAS 9.10 atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.