EXT4 Einbinden

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAS-i-Goreng

Cadet
Hallo,

Als Teil einer Neuinstallation (9.10) möchte ich eine Festplatte mit bereits vorhandenen Daten einbinden.
Diese ist auf EXT4 formatiert und ich möchte die Daten nicht verlieren.
Leider steht beim Importieren einer Festplatte nicht dabei, ob es zum Datenverlust kommt.
Was macht man mit einer EXT4 Formatierung?
Bevor es schief läuft, würde ich mich gerne rückversichern...

Gruß
Stephan

D

dlavigne

Importing EXT4 is not supported. This means that you will have to do a network copy from another system that supports EXT4.

NAS-i-Goreng

Cadet
Importing EXT4 is not supported. This means that you will have to do a network copy from another system that supports EXT4.
Thanks for the info.
Guess my browser fooled me so I didn't write in English...

This means though that there is no way to prserve the data and use the HDD.
So I guess UFS would be the best option. I just wonder how this would limit the use of the drive.
Can a UFS formatted drive be mounted to e.g. any Linux system (should I have to...)?
So far I have used an Ubuntu 12.04 as a quasi server with one (small) drive containing the OS and two (mirrored) drives storing the backup data and RSYNCed from/between clients and drives using cronjobs.

Stephan

D

dlavigne

Note that FreeNAS also does not support UFS (though it can copy the contents of an existing UFS drive to another ZFS-formatted pool. In other words, FreeNAS is ZFS-only for storage.

NAS-i-Goreng

Cadet
Note that FreeNAS also does not support UFS (though it can copy the contents of an existing UFS drive to another ZFS-formatted pool. In other words, FreeNAS is ZFS-only for storage.

Oops, of course I meant ZFS. Was late yesterday...

In terms of compatibility: Does FreeNAS support Rsync? I wonder if one can setup CRONjobs on (EXT4) clients that then backup to FreeNAS- in which case I could leave the client side as it is.

Stephan

Status
Not open for further replies.