Export failed - pool can't be added back in GUI

vholf

Cadet
Hello, I Exported one of my pools so I could rename it but it failed to export because some service was still using it. The pool topology with the old name still shows in the gui with no way to add the new one. I need getting the pool back in the GUI.

1.png

I can see the pool mounted in /mnt and the data is there, I tried following this steps
Code:
zpool export oldname
zpool import oldname newname
zpool export newname

I rebooted after export but the pool gets automatically mounted back and still not showing in the GUI

But even after export newname (tank1) GUI fails to show the pool in the import dropdown.

4.png

zpool list
2Screenshot 2023-12-02 135822.png

zpool status
3.png

Specs:
- TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.0.1
- Dell R710
- 2 Xeon X5650
- 64 GB ECC
- HP H220 HBA

vholf

Cadet
I just noticed I posted in the wrong forum, I apologize, hoping some mod could move it to the TrueNas scale forum.

Update:
I exported the pool with the old name from the GUI, this time export was successful and the pool now longer showed up. After that, I was able to import the new pool "tank1" and finally shows in the GUI, but, it says VDEV is not assigned

1.png

2.png

Data is still accessible in the shell at /mnt/tank1

vholf

Cadet
Nevermind, I am just dumb in the way I was reading the topology status, I though VDEV not assigned was a warning, error or problem with the topology. At least I'm not alone in that mistake as other people have assume the same

1701538945283.png

Anyway, all good now, after my last step of exporting the problematic pool and re-importing the renamed one, all seems online.

Also, apologies for the multiple posts but there is no edit option showing up for me.