Status
Not open for further replies.

Monta

Cadet

Whattteva

Wizard

Monta

Cadet
Just as a heads up before you go any further.
I hope you at least have read this sticky:
http://forums.freenas.org/threads/p...nas-in-production-as-a-virtual-machine.12484/

Judging from your join date, it looks like you're a newcomer and SHOULD have read that section before anything else.

Thats true thank you. I actually only read a little bit about ZFS and i didnt think that it would be that much problematic to have it on ESXi...

I solved the problem by downgrading from 9.1 -> 8.3.2.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yes, it works until it doesn't. And when it doesn't, you will be here begging for help and not getting any sympathy because you didn't follow stickies. Don't be a statistic! 2 people last week kissed their data goodbye using FreeNAS in a VM.

Monta

Cadet
Yes, it works until it doesn't. And when it doesn't, you will be here begging for help and not getting any sympathy because you didn't follow stickies. Don't be a statistic! 2 people last week kissed their data goodbye using FreeNAS in a VM.

Its very interesting, i appropriate the warning! Can you recommend any other solution like FreeNAS for ESXi?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yes. Use it in bare metal. You know, just like the link provided by Whatteva says.

Status
Not open for further replies.