Error when attempting to add first jail to fresh 9.3 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

When ever I attempt to add a jail to my fresh 9.3 install it kicks up an error that is as follows.
My install was smooth sailing until this point. I am rather lost . Some information that might be pertinent is that this rig has two nics that are both active. I have given them static IPs of 192.168.1.3 and .4 respectively. I am not sure if this would have any bearing on the issue. I am able to interface with the machine via browser so no issues on the local side.

Any pointers would be awesome.

Thanks.

After going back through my configuration I remembered that I had manually populated the information in the Network/Global_Configuration window. I had neglected to populate the DNS fields and thus my server had no one clue where anyone was. simple but vital.

Bhavin578

Cadet
Hi James am have ng same issues can you please post how you set up your volumes and datasets
Also what did you input for the jail configure and any other tips you might have

Thanks in advance

Well I set up the volumes and data sets just like the howto guides did here . It is on an older version so there are some differences with the options but it got me where I needed. I used a default jail configure but when it sits there and tells you in red that your have to set up a route. I put in the gateway IP as well as a known DNS server. In this case I used google's 8.8.8.8. Once I had that information into the global configuration tab, the Add jail function was able to reach out to the server and bring down the needed files.

This is my first time giving this software a go so I may not be the best source. Hope that helped though.

Bhavin578

Cadet
by default jail config you mean no changes made? also did u create a jail dataset first?

Once I had entered in the information into freenas that allowed it to see the local network/gateway/dns servers all I did was click on jails>add jails. A new screen pops up and I named the jail and clicked ok. It chewed on it for a moment and blam I now have a new jail.

If that does not work then I would suggest giving this a good read over. http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_jails.html Once I had soaked all of that info in things became quite a bit easier.

Bhavin578

Cadet
k thanks will try and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.